Thursday, June 14, 2018

The idea of ??teaching a second-language child is a bit scary, so what if you yourself do not know enough about it (to say you have not actually done Spanish since high school); the idea seems impossible enough.

I was a nanny for at least twelve years, and despite my fluency in English and Spanish, I was quite surprised when a couple asked me to teach their eight-month-old son some Spanish basics. For the first time, it was not necessary to "teach the child his first words", but to teach her two languages! But I accepted the challenge to my full knowledge that multilingualism is very useful for children. I was employed by this family, and when I started learning I discovered that the key to learning the language is not always learning the terms but continuing and repeating. In this article, I will mention five ways to ensure that your children learn the second language completely and use it in their day as they use their mother tongue.

Calculate everything.
During my child's schooling, I decided to be the first to start. At first I was just counting; calculating while changing his diapers, he prepared the games and the steps they took towards his room. Then, it was almost normal, I prepared for him when I put him in the car or when he opened a book, or even while playing ... until he repeats after me, I say "one .. two .." And let him say "three!" . Gradually I began adding other numbers, with the last letters of the last number being extended to say the following number: say, "To the limit, two, three, As soon he learned the count to number ten.

In my personal opinion, calculation is the best way to prepare for learning a new language and make it fun and easy. You will not feel the time, the child will learn the speed of count to twenty, thirty, forty ... etc.


Magic count for three.
Someone told me that what came in three items was always easy to memorize, and it helped me a lot in learning a new language; even for a six-month-old. Count to three - any language - very enthusiastic, more than a count of ten. You just have to do it regularly, prepare the stairs, the sherriose candy in the pot, or the games, three at a time, "one, two, three ... one, two, three" until you finish them all. The "rule of three" can also apply to things and people to teach children new terms in secondary language, such as saying "mother, father, child", "dog, cat, bird." Apply them to the colors, places and names of relatives as well. Do not forget to change the tone of your voice to attract the child's attention to the fact that the words are different and have different pronunciation requires moving the lips differently each time.

Children kindergarten songs
We all know that music is a universal art. YouTube is the best place to find nursery rhymes in a foreign language. Look for songs that have a lot of repetitions like "Row Your Boat" or "Mary Had A Little Lamb".

There are also songs limited to one language. In Spain, for example, we have several famous songs such as "Los Pollitos Dicen" and "Tengo Una Mu?eca Vestida de Azul" (I have a doll wearing blue).

Whichever song you choose, you have to choose the right time to run it for your child as well; during a car ride, while eating or bathing .... etc.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget

Google Ads